This ministry was established to address the welfare of the young people and cater their needs as an integral part of the church.
Objectives of the Youth Ministry
Youth ranges between ages 10-35 years
(10-13 years) Adolescents
- To help them deal with the biological crises that is triggered by puberty, as the body begins to change in preparation to reproduction.
- To help them transit from primary school to high school.
- To help them celebrate adolescence gracefully
- To help them protect themselves against risky behaviours that could expose them to HIV &AIDS or addictions of any kind.
(13-19 years) Teenagers
- To help them understand their emotions.
- To help them transit between childhood and adulthood.
- To help them set goals for future achievement.
- To help them formulate a good value system.
- To help them understand the dynamics of peer pressure (its effects either positive or negative.)
- To help them develop a vibrant and growing personal relationship with the Lord.
- To provide a platform for building stronger relationships based on Christian virtues.
- To help them choose future careers.
- To provide a platform of learning and growing in Christian faith.
- To provide an environment where young people feel accepted and that they have some ownership.
- To empower them to contribute positively to their society, thus making themselves and those around them happy.
- To help them transit to adulthood.
- To help them become better mentors in order for them to journey with the younger ones.